onsdag, august 04, 2010

The Catalyst.

Linkin Park's new single, The Catalyst, was released on Monday. Well, make that Monday night, here.
I was so excited, finally feeling that old LP excitement and love. Until I heard the song.

Now, everything is a matter of taste and just to prevent people from screaming at me in the comments, saying that I'm dissing LP and whatever else kind of bullshit, so called 'real' fans can come up with, I'm gonna say that the following is MY opinion of the song.

I find The Catalyst to be the worst LP song, I've ever heard...well, I guess it's right there with Reanimation, Wake and Session (no, I didn't like those either, because contrary to popular belief, I don't have to like every fucking thing that Linkin Park does, to call myself a fan.).
I don't like electronic music and this is very much electronic, borderline techno, if you ask me and I just think it's horrible.
I think the music drowns out Mike and Chester's voice, that sound weird, anyway but that might just be how it's sampled or whatever and I find the lyrics to be repetitive and very annoying.
I won't say that I was disappointed in The Catalyst because I honestly didn't really have any expectations, but I just really don't like it.
Now, I have pre-ordered the album A Thousand Suns and I'm really hoping that the rest of the songs will be something that I can stand listening to.
If not, I'm gonna have to break up with the current Linkin Park, for the time being.

I'm not one of those fanatic fans, who thinks that I should just worship anything and everything the band and each of its members do, but I have had my share of panic attacks about not feeling excited about the album.
Not anymore, though. I've grown up in the past two years and I'm not the same obsessive-must-travel-to-Germany-to-see-LP-live kinda girl, anymore.
I'm not going to their show, here, either. I just can't be bothered to travel to the other side of the (TINY!!) country, to see them.
I may not like this album, but if they decide to make another, maybe I'll like that one and if not...I'm pretty damn sure that the world won't swallow me whole.
It took me a while to warm up to Fort Minor and there are still some songs that I think are lame and horrible. Same goes with DBS, though that type of music is probably more in my area than Fort Minor ever was.
My point is this...I've been a hardcore fan of Linkin Park's since 2002 or something like that, I have 3 tattoos with their songs and I have practically every CD and DVD (aside from Reanimation which I sent to Singapore), they've ever made.
I consider myself a lifetime fan of their three first albums, no matter what I think of this one and I'll be forever branded as theirs, no matter what happens, lol.

Respect to the guys for making something so different with The Catalyst. I don't find it to be genius and I prefer not to be subjected to it, but I still respect the boys for making it.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar