mandag, februar 01, 2010

Dating

It's not really something I'm good at. I haven't done it in years and I tend to be too paranoid about guys, anyway, so I normally never get to go on a date with them.
But Peter...I met Peter today. We walked his dog, Chili and had a nice talk about this and that. For once there wasn't any awkward silence, which was nice.
He was/is pretty much throwing compliments around, like 'you look sweet' or something like it and it makes me a little uncomfortable, if I'm completely honest.
Now, he started off telling me his 'big bad secret' which is that he's done 6 months in jail for beating some guy up...in a serious way.
Kudos to him for telling me straight away, but I can't exactly say that I'm pleased. I told him, he was an idiot for doing something stupid like that and he agreed and told me that he'd never do time, again.
I have to admit that it's making me uncomfortable that he's done something like that (it was pretty bad, actually), but on the other hand, I spent half an hour with the guy and it's really not enough time to judge him.
I'm gonna be honest with him and tell him that it makes me uncomfortable, simply because we've been honest from the get-go...or at least I have and I hope that he has, as well.
Now, we have a dinner date on saturday night, but if he thinks he's getting lucky, he's got another thing coming. We're gonna have dinner and then he'll take me home again.

Now, I know that this is awkward for someone special in my life and that it probably hurts and I really, really hate that.
I know, we talked about this whole thing the other night, but that doesn't exactly make it any easier.
See, I really do love this person and the last thing I want is to hurt them. But on the other hand, I have to recognize the fact that we're on opposite sides of the world and that I'm 11 years older.
I'm getting sick of being such a couch potato and being alone, so I'm trying to do something about it.
This person (and my other friends, too), however, is so important to me that I will make them a priority, even if I should end up with a boyfriend (and yeah, that makes it sound like 'a boyfriend' is an STD, lol, but that's not what I mean).
I want to have space and time to be online, here and there to talk to this person and I most certainly expect texts, just like I'll keep sending text.
In short: there's no way I'm gonna lose contact with this person, no matter what happens.
I love you too much for that, baby and you know (or should know) that you'll always mean the world to me. I have the tattoo to prove it, lol.

Anyway, more on the dating thing later.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar